As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number, or email address.
- This Site strictly follows the policies set forth by the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) of 1974, also known as the Buckley Amendment. FERPA is a Federal law that governs the confidentiality of student records. This law requires that educational institutions maintain the confidentiality and privacy of student records, ensures that each student has access to his or her education records, and provides students with a limited opportunity to correct erroneous education records.
- This Site strict follows the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998, as amended in 2012. This act protects the personal information of children under 13 years old.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through this Site’s Services, or that Mr. Cooper gathers as a result of your use of those Services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- If Mr. Cooper is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided has has collected and retained an email address for you, Mr. Cooper will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Mr. Cooper is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Personal Information Collected
Mr. Cooper may collect personal information through this Site’s Services, including:
- when you provide Mr. Cooper with your personal information such as by sending an email to him or signing up to receive updates;
- when you subscribe to this Site’s email discussion list, should one be created; and
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums available through this Site’s Services.
Emails and Newsletters
Mr. Cooper may use the personal information you provide when you send emails or sign up to receive updates from the Site in order to respond to your request – for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about Mr. Cooper’s class. If you are under 13 years old, you will need a parent or guardian’s permission to sign up for the online newsletter, should one be created.
Participating in the Community
When you register to obtain a user account on any of the Services (any such person, a “Registered User”), including but not limited to comments or discussion, you may be asked to provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. We encourage you to use an alias or nickname if you are not comfortable providing your legal name. The name or nickname you provide in connection with your account may be used to attribute you in connection with any content you submit to any Service. We also use that personal information to establish and maintain your account, to provide you with the features we provide Registered Users, and to email you regarding changes to this policy or other applicable policies.
Disclosures of Personal Information
To maintain privacy and confidentiality of student records all personally identifiable information must be protected. Any information which makes a student’s identity easily traceable is considered private and confidential. A student’s Social Security Number, for example, is personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information cannot be released to third parties.
Data at this site may be summarized or masked to protect the confidentiality of student records. Data may be masked by using categories such as “Other” or by displaying a star “*” in place of data that may reveal the identity of a student. The general rule of thumb is to mask all counts between 1 and 4.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Services
Mr. Cooper has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that the Site stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Mr. Cooper will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Website if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
This Data Usage Policy covers how Mr. Cooper maintains and uses information about you that is collected by the Services.
Non Personal Browsing Information Collected
When you use the Services, Mr. Cooper’s servers (which are hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using.
Mr. Cooper does not intentionally link browsing information to the personal information you submit to us. He uses this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Services are being used, to improve the Services, and for systems administration purposes. Mr. Cooper uses a third party analytics provider to collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of the Services for those same purposes.
No Selling or Sharing
Special Note to International Users
Effective Date: 2016-3-9 (March 15th 2016).