You will create a poster based on the topic you pulled from the bag. The poster will illustrate the topic so that other students will be able to see and understand it based only on illustrations, rather than long definitions and explanations.
- This project will be due on Wednesday, January 24 at the end of class. — You may be asked to present your poster on that day.
- You may not use any online image search (Google, Bing, etc.) — These are not useful for you to understand the topic. If you are caught using an image search engine without permission, you will lose access to electronic devices for this project.
- You are restricted to a certain word limit. — Pre-AP students will be limited to ten (10) words and GATE students will be limited to five (5) words. The name of your topic and your name will not count against you.
- Write the first and last names of your group members on the front and back of your poster. 1 minute
- Research the topic online to learn what it is and how it applies to Texas. 5-10 minutes
- Brainstorm what you would like to do with the poster, and create a rough draft on a regular-sized sheet of copy paper. 5-10 minutes
- Assign group members specific responsibilities for the creation of the poster. 2 minutes
- Work together to create the poster. Focus on the big, important facts you are trying to convey, not little details! 20-30 minutes
______ 20 points – Creativity
Did your group create a fun (or funny) way of presenting the topic, or did they draw the most obvious picture and write a few random words? Simple copied photographs and images from the Internet will get 0 points for creativity!
______ 20 points – Teamwork
Did your group work together to create the project, or did one or two people do all the work? Did they purposefully exclude group members? Did they engage in off-topic discussions?
______ 20 points – Clarity
Does your poster idea make sense? It’s okay to be creatively weird, but remember that you’re trying to teach a class. They should understand what your poster is about.
______ 40 points – Accuracy
Does the information accurately portray the topic? Are there are any historically inaccurate details? Have you left out a major part